Gulf Coast Blue Water Fishing Charter
Deep-sea fishing off the coast of Galveston is an adventure that fishermen will not soon forget. The blue water off the shores of Galveston is ripe with a variety of deep-sea fishing species and amazing views that can only be described as breathtaking. The adventure will take you up to 80 nautical miles offshore, where you will be able to fish for some of the largest catches you can ever imagine. The 12-hour trip is available aboard The Cabo Loco and ITT’s Legit. A blue water charter gives you ample time to relax and unwind while honing your fishing skills.
Who Would Enjoy a Blue Water Fishing Charter?
Anyone who enjoys being on the open ocean would enjoy a day of fishing and scenic beauty. We welcome any skill level and can cater to both novices and those who consider themselves to be expert anglers. Due to the length of the trip, it may not be advisable for young children who may have difficulty being out that long or those who suffer from severe motion sickness.
When Is the Best Time of Year to Book the Blue Water Fishing Charter?
Due to its southern location, the weather is ideal for fishing from Spring through Fall, though some of the best fishing is said to occur from the latter part of April until the middle of October. If you are looking to fish for specific species, inquire about the best months for each one.
What Types of Fish Can You Expect to find During Your Charter?
The time of year you book your charter will largely affect which species of fish that you may be likely to catch. The primary species that the charter focuses on include:
- Snapper: Snapper is an excellent tasting fish that can weigh up to 30 pounds. They can be found at a depth of 60-220 feet, depending on the time of the year. The high season for snapper fishing is between June and August.
- Mahi Mahi: The ideal time of year to fish for Mahi Mahi is May to September though there is no closed season. The lean fish with a mild, sweet profile is a popular fish for many culinary dishes. While average weights are between 25 and 40 pounds, they can reach up to 80 pounds.
- Kingfish: Kingfish, also known as King Mackerel, is one of the most fun fishes to catch in the Gulf due to their tenacity to avoid being caught. They range from 10 to 20 ponds and can be found between a few miles offshore up to 20. The best time of year to fish for this species is June to August.
- Ling: The season for Ling starts in late August to early September. You can often find many large catches with this species ranging from 50 to 60 lbs, with some rare catches weighing as high as 130 lbs. When fishing for Ling, it is best to travel to deeper waters, so you are likely to have to travel farther from shore.
- Grouper: Once you have made your way about 50 feet from the shore, you may be able to snag a distinctively flavored grouper. There are multiple types of grouper found in the Gulf with weights ranging from 20 pounds to over 150. The best time to fish for grouper is between the months of March and October.
- Amberjack: Fishermen looking to pull in some Amberjack will find the best time of year to book their charter the months of March through May. Though the average weight of Amberjack is between 60 and 80 lbs, they can get as large as 100 lbs.
- Shark: Small sharks can be caught just a short distance from the shoreline in the Gulf of Mexico. The most common breeds that are fished for in the Gulf are blacktip and spinner sharks. Both breeds can get up to larger sizes, with many weighing well over 100 lbs.
No matter what type of saltwater fish you envision catching, you can find the perfect season to fish the waters of the Gulf of Mexico on the Blue Water Fishing Charter.
WHY CHARTER WITH US
- TOURNAMENT CLASS CAPTAINS, BOATS, TACKLE,
CREW AND GEAR
- EXPERT GUIDANCE AND COACHING FROM START
- FOR BOTH NOVICES AND EXPERIENCED FISHERMAN
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR FISHING TRIP TO FIT YOUR NEEDS
- WE ENTERTAIN YOUR CUSTOMERS
- SATELLITE TV